Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Fold the towels in half and cut into one-inch strips. You'll need about 13 strips to make a medium-size rug.
- Now take a strip in each color and sew the three ends together.
- Start braiding the three strips folding the ends underneath so the raw edges don’t show.
- Connect and sew three more strips onto those strips and continue braiding until you have one long braid.
- Sew the rug together as you shape and coil it. You’ll see the circular rug begin to take shape.
- Sew the ends together.