Well, this past summer weekend, I decided to get a head start by throwing a small Christmas Crafting Party!
|Use star cookie cutters to make some festive bites. Emma learning how to needle felt.|
|Cut away part of the watermelon rind to make trees, use paper snowflakes as doilies and arrange your cheese sticks in a snowflake shape|
I chose a color theme of red, white and green for the food and decor. I placed a simple piece of white burlap on the table and added a strip of green felt down the middle. The kids helped me cut out paper snowflakes to add to the decor.
|I purchased snowflake stickers and affixed to toothpicks. Olivia loved dipping the strawberries in cream and then sanding sugar.|
I had so much fun coming up with this simple menu:
• Star shaped sun-dried tomato wraps with provolone and salami topped with pickle
• Cheese stick “candy canes” wrapped with prosciutto
• Red and green peppers with ranch dressing
• Taco chips with guacamole and red salsa
• Mozzarella with red pepper and parsley
• Watermelon Trees
• Strawberries and cream with red and green sanding sugar for dipping
• Mini red velvet cupcakes topped with snowflake toothpicks
|The kids got a kick out of the instant handles on the watermelon trees and Rudolf the Reindeer showed up for the party!|
The kids loved making their own ornaments and everyone FELT like it was the holidays.
|Some of the Deer-inspired holiday cards at Paperless Post.|
I didn't get a chance to send out invites, but you can get your guests in the spirit by sending them a festive holiday invite online. Paperless Post has some adorable deer-inspired cards that would fit perfectly into the theme, aren't they just the dearest?! Check out their new line of Christmas cards here.
Check out my needle felted animals in my Etsy shop
|My needle felted fawn can be purchased in my Etsy shop|