Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Custom DIY Canvas Apron


I love adding that special touch to our BnB's, so I try to create custom items whenever I can. Lot's of times people like to stay in our cozy cottage and cook, so I thought, why not make an apron?



I used 10 oz Natural Cotton Duck Canvas from FabricWholesaleDirect.com. It's a strong, heavyweight, durable fabric. The fabric itself is also soft and flexible, making it easy to work with.
Natural cotton duck canvas is frequently used for both crafts and apparel, so since I have some left over, I think I'm going to make a reusable grocery bag too!

But, back to the apron. I wanted to give the apron a little color, so I added a trim of Turquoise Ottertex Marine Vinyl to the pocket and other areas. They come in a lot of fun colors but can be a bit difficult to sew since the foot of my sewing machine stuck to the vinyl. I ended up hand sewing some of the details.

Then, to make the apron even more special, I created a logo for our Bnb, printed it out on Printable T-Shirt Transfer paper which you can order through Avery, Amazon, Michaels, Staples, etc. Cut it out, placed it on top area of the apron and ironed it on.

I love the way it came out!

I folded the fabric in half, drew a curve where the shoulder would be and cut it out. One of the easiest things to make. I left the raw edge of the fabric for the bottom of the apron.
I cut little notches around the shoulder hole, ironed and then folded it over again and pressed.

I used turquoise thread for some contrast and to match the vinyl. I folded in the side edges and top of the apron and sewed.


I cut a strip of fabric about 3 inches wide and 2 feet long, ironed edges, folded over and sewed it closed. Pinned to the sides of the apron and sewed it on. I did the same for the top of the apron, but made a loop to go around the head.
I made a large pocket for the front, folded the edges in and ironed it flat. I then cut a strip of blue vinyl and sewed that to the top of the pocket. I sewed the pocket to the apron and added some vertical lines to create 3 separate pockets.
Placed my printed t shirt transfer paper on the top portion of the apron and ironed it on.


17 comments:

  1. Very good tutorial.Thanks for sharing. I found some excellent fabrics from Fabrics World USA in NYC near me which was a nice weight, not too beefy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, thanks for sharing, Buy custom vape cartridge printed boxes at wholesale prices by TheCosmeticBoxes - UK. Get a big discount on custom vape cartridge packaging boxes. Free design & shipping. Get Your's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, the article has very good information. This information is really new to me and possibly for some other people as well.

    if anyone interested in Madras Plaid, Madras Fabric, Patchwork Madras, Quilting Fabric, Childrens fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing such a nice article. It is very informative. It will be very helpful. By the way at the platform of Royal Custom Packaging we offer golden opportunity for you people who love to have custom packaging for their item. Like with cigarettes before, the packaging of vape cartridges plays a big role in purchasing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really creative things put in this blog, I like this blog. Visit RP Paper Impex for quality Printing Paper Manufacturers and Kraft Shopping Bags, Food Grade Paper Bags Manufacturer in Mohali, India.
    Printing Paper Manufacturers in India

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mostly I use to read the blogs and informative article daily, but today i found your blog very unique, providing the information and helpful to others. Keep it up and waiting for your new updates thanks. We offer multiple services in digital marketing, some of our services are:

    Digital marketing Company in Delhi
    SMM Services
    PPC Services in Delhi
    Website Design & Development Packages
    SEO Services Packages
    Local SEO services
    E-mail marketing services
    YouTube plans
    Digital marketing service in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb, thank you so much for sharing such amazing information. Visit Sarswati Enterprises for Bottle Caps Making Machinery and Aluminum Foil Converting Machine Suppliers in Delhi.
    Aluminum Foil Converting Machine Suppliers in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your article.please write on custom essential oil boxes design elements.

    ReplyDelete
  9. With BOXO Packaging you can get any type of custom vape pen boxes with beautiful prints and finishes. We provide you with a number of more benefits, such as no setup or die charges and free shipping all over USA.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this brilliant article it was a very useful and helpful article.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and opinion with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is always so lovely and jam-packed with a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's remarkable to discover somebody who has an admitted thought on this point.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many thanks for the article, I have a lot of spray lining knowledge but always learn something new.

    ReplyDelete

  15. Thank you , this is really useful information towards my assessment

    ReplyDelete