Thursday, August 8, 2019

Personalized pillowcase DIY


 Add some whimsy to your bedroom with these fun DIY pillowcases. These make great gifts for newlyweds, new home owners, college dorms and more. Write any message you want!

My husband and I run 2 Airbnbs. One is called Storybook, the other Pine Grove. I thought it would be fun to write those on the pillowcases to greet our guests when they enter the bedroom...it's those personalized, extra touches that make our cottages popular.


You can purchase pre-made pillowcases but I decided to sew my own. I used 100% Cotton Broadcloth fabric from www.fabricwholesaledirect.com. The fabric comes in a variety of colors and it feels and sews great!

It's rather simple to sew your own cases. Standard pillowcases measure 21" x 32", but I made mine a bit smaller so my pillows would look extra fluffy. :)
Once you have your pillowcase sewn, it's time to create your message. I have access to design programs so it was easy for me to lay out the fonts and messages. But you can freehand your message if you like. I printed out my messages on 11x17 paper.

I taped my message to my window (but if you're lucky to have a lightbox, feel free to use that!) and centered my completed pillowcase on top of the message and outlined it in pencil. Remove from window.

Once I had the entire message outlined in pencil, I placed a piece of cardboard inside the case so the marker doesn't go through to the other side. I used Sharpies but I suggest using fabric markers. I outlined the message with a thin marker and then filled it in with a thicker marker. I also decided to keep it simple, using just black but why not create your message in color? I outlined my message with an embroidered border.

Wash your pillowcases in cold water and tumble low.

Here are some more messages:
Sleep Well
Sweet Dreams
Count Sheep
Mr Mrs
His Hers
His His
Hers Hers

16 comments:

  1. I impressed by the quality of information on this website. There are a lot of good resources here. I am sure I will visit this place again soon.
    have a peek at this web-site
    Source
    have a peek here
    Check This Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. JKCrypto is cryptocurrency blog for crypto enthusiast and we publish articles related to crypto mining, trading, AltCoins and crpto referral programs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!
    Thanks for sharing this informative blog on your website.
    I like it and also have bookmarked it for later use!!
    leather handbags

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent read, Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work, as a writer I am providing commerce assignment help online for students.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! my daughter loves these customized things; I will share the page with her. I’m sure she’ll think I’ve shared some websites for best research data collection services but let’s surprise her. She’s tensed because of her project this will definitely make her happy and what more a mother wants other than her children being happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here you can have your desired wonderful handbags at reasonable prices. As ladies are fond of collecting different styles and sizes of handbags, so Style247 is the right place for you, where you can easily go through all the available styles and designs of handbags online and can grab your favorite one with just a single click.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the first time that I visit here. I found so many exciting matters in this particular blog
    Site : Men bomber leather jackets in UK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. I have a lot of interesting ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an amazing and helpful post. I really really love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. It’s really a great and helpful piece of information.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finally I have found something that helped me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must say you have written a great article.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an amazing and helpful post. I really really love it.

    ReplyDelete

  14. You have a lot of knowledge that you easily share

    ReplyDelete

  15. this blog is one of my favorite thumbs up!!

    ReplyDelete