1. Gather your supplies: White sugar, water, food coloring, cookie cutters, parchment or a piece of paper and mixing bowls.
2. In a medium size bowl, add 2 teaspoons of water to 1 cup of white sugar. Mix together.
3. Depending on how many colors you're going to use, divide your sugar mixture into separate bowls.
4. Add a little food coloring to each bowl and mix.
5. Create your tie-dye effect. Take a little of each colored sugar mixture and press it down onto a piece of parchment paper - making a slab about 1/4" thick. You want it to be compact. You also want to work fast, the sugar can dry out quickly. Make sure each color is touching or overlapping the other just a bit.
6. Press your cookie cutter into the sugar mixture and carefully release your sugar eggs onto a clean piece of parchment paper. Let dry for about an hour or more.