Saturday, December 13, 2014

DIY Holiday Shadowbox

A shadow box is a "deep frame" that's used for displaying 3D items...mostly mementos. I made this one to celebrate the holidays.



Here are the supplies you'll need:



I used a wood box I had on hand, separated the two pieces and worked with just the lid. I painted the lid white, printed out the background art and glued that to the inside. I added some glue to the outside rim of the box and sprinkled on some white glitter.

I made the trees with green fabric, but green paper would work too.


I then added some white paint to the tops of the trees, brushed the trees with glue and sprinkled on some green glitter. I love how they sparkle.

For the wreath, I cut out a circle with the pinking shears, added green glitter, glued on a bow and adhered that to the top of the box.




I lightly hammered the nails into the sides of the lid and strung my gold thread across. I cut out my banner message and folded each one over the gold thread. A bit of glue holds them in place.

Add your cotton to the bottom, glue down your trees and your deer. I embellished him with a little gold leaf...it is after all, the holidays.

Hang it on a wall or place it on a shelf. Create one every year and make sure to date the back! I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt, this will be a keepsake.

Happy Holidays!













No comments:

Post a Comment