Thursday, July 21, 2016

The Little Table That Could

I AM A DUMPSTER DIVER. It's one of my favorite things to do. I'm actually furnishing most of the small cottage with stuff I find...don't worry, I clean it really well before it's displayed or used.

Found this cute table literally in a huge dumpster outside my apartment. My doormen (and my husband) think I'm crazy, 'cause I'm always dragging stuff in through the lobby.








I lightly sanded the table, then dipped a rag into the paint and rubbed it into the wood. Never used a brush.


Once the paint was dry, I lightly sanded the edges of the table and legs to expose some of the raw wood.
 


I decided not to paint the drawer and leave the original crystal knob on it. Not bad for a "trash find" and a little elbow grease.











No comments:

Post a Comment